Royal Building Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROYAL BUILDING PRODUCTS ENABLES YOU TO BROADEN YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE AS WE CONTINUE TO BUILD ON 40 YEARS OF COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND VINYLS PRODUCT INNOVATIONS. WE ARE SEEKING EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMERS TO CONTINUE TO TAKE EXTERIOR BUILDING MATERIALS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Responsible for the development and implementation of freight strategies and plans. Manage all freight related activities. Direct and coordinate activities of employees in the shipping area to move material from packaging to the customer.
* Responsible for procurement of transportation services and scheduling.
* Help negotiate all freight related contracts and rates.
* Oversight of 3rd Party logistics provider.
* Develop, coordinate and implement freight, warehouse and distribution plans which will be the best and least costly method of getting our product to the customers.
* Provide weekly analysis of freight cost/performance.
* Organize and prepare necessary paperwork.
* Must be committed to quality, customer service and satisfaction.
* Other requirements are demonstrated record of leadership abilities, decision making, problem-solving and change management.
* Coordinate freight schedule.
* Direct personnel involved in shipping at both plants, first and second shifts.
* Coordinate work orders from packaging line through any special unitizing to staging area in both plants.
* Receive finished goods, store in finished good inventory and maintain that inventory.
* Coordinate pulling and shipping of finished goods at both plants.
* Establish operating procedures in all areas and verify their proper use.
* Provide two way communications for employees and management.
* Monitor safety in all areas and conduct weekly meetings, monitor the billing process, monitor loading LTL and RDR, special monitoring on emergency orders, new stores and new customers, follow up on returned material to determine the problem, follow up on customer complaints, provide support for teams, set goals and encourage attaining those goals for the department.
* Supervise monthly physical inventory.
* Comply with established safety rules.
* Comply with company policy and procedures.
* Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers and supervisors/managers.
* Maintain regular attendance in accordance with company policy.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor s degree from four year college or university in Supply Chain Management or related field.
A minimum of six years in Logistics, including freight management and distribution. Experience in planning and scheduling, as well as inventory control is also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Royal Building Products, a Westlake Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE WESTLAKE CHEMICAL EMPLOYEE (OR AN EMPLOYEE OF ANY WESTLAKE CHEMICAL AFFILIATES), PLEASE DO NOT APPLY HERE. PLEASE GO TO YOUR WORKDAY HOMEPAGE AND CLICK ON THE "CAREERS" WORKLET AND VIEW "WESTLAKE CAREER Opportunities".