JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXPONENT is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Practice is currently hiring for an ASSOCIATE/ENGINEER in our Houston, TX office. The individual in this position will be expected to grow in the key aspects of consulting, including technical expertise and effective spoken and written communications, to develop a consulting practice serving clients both within and outside the firm. Duties will include communicating effectively with other engineers, managers, clients, and administrative reports as well as conducting hands-on failure analysis, planning and executing laboratory tests, performing calculations and analysis, preparing written reports and presentations, and performing field inspections.
Qualifications for this position include:
* Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Engineering Mechanics and/or similar fields
* Specialized knowledge in either mechanics of materials and associated applications in industrial systems or mechanical integrity analyses of process equipment, or both
* Working knowledge of basic computational platforms, such as finite element method and associated numerical analysis platforms such as MATLAB preferred
* Hands-on experience with basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation, as well as the ability to independently design and execute experiments
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent project ownership characteristics that include resourcefulness, technical curiosity to apply skills to address a broad range of applications, and attention to detail, technical rigor and quality
* Ability to work within project teams with strong desire to contribute, interest in demonstrating technical and project managerial leadership, as well as applying entrepreneurial aptitude and drive to seek new client relationships to grow a client base
* Must be able to effectively convey complex technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal, and related industries
* Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice and for longer periods of time
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.