Sr. Sales Application Specialist - (Atlanta, GA, Horsham, PA, Irvine, CA or San Diego, CA) 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com.
Sr. Sales Application Specialist (Atlanta, GA, Horsham, PA, Irvine, CA or San Diego, CA)
Primarily provides pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions.
* Seasoned professional or technical job delivering on operational targets within a discipline.
* Works to achieve business targets with significant impact on department results.
* May be responsible for entire projects or processes within discipline; contributes to the completion of team objectives.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the department.
* Works on problems of moderate scope.
* Performs analysis of data and situations with a variety of factors.
* Problems and issues faced are difficult and sometimes complex; receives limited instruction.
* Communicates with contacts both within and outside of function on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and / or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
* Works to influence parties within the function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
* Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
* Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
* May customize applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
* May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
* Understand and effectively present and deliver presentations/demonstrations of the suite of products to healthcare providers/organizations/groups.
* Prepare and provide onsite and web based demonstrations of the product suite, including specific workflows and scripted scenarios when required.
* Provide excellent organization and to document outcomes of each demonstration in Salesforce CRM.
* Assist in closing qualified opportunities referred by the Sales Executives while actively collaborating with these team members.
* Establish productive, professional relationships internally and with key personnel in potential client's organization.
* Continuously review healthcare and interoperability trends and client feedback to anticipate future market needs.
* Work productively cross-departmentally to provide answers that exceed expectations to ensure the best customer facing experience.
* Work closely with Sales Executives to fully understand the organizational workflow and the wants and needs of potential clients.
* May mentor lower level team members.
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Computer Science or similar field.
* 3 plus years of experience in Healthcare IT/Sales Experience.
* Professional with full understanding of in an area of specialization.
* Resolves range of issues in creative ways.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Experience with CRM software (Salesforce) preferred.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.