Risk Analyst 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MI-Virtual
Aon is looking for a Risk Analyst
This position will be outsourced through Aon Global Risk Consulting (AGRC) and will be located at client premises in Metro Detroit, MI.
Your impact as a Risk Analyst
* Maintains effective and productive relationships with clients (internal and external).
* Gathers and analyzes data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions. Performs submission assembly/creation where assigned.
* Manages open items lists and responds to ad-hoc requests.
* Actively supports and monitors the renewal process including issuing (at the direction of the Client) or following up for binder, policies and endorsements.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of general insurance, including property, liability, worker s compensation and bonds.
* Demonstrate general knowledge of risk management practices and the professional ethics required to function with a department
* Demonstrate good communication skills, written and oral.
* Exhibit the interpersonal skills needed to maintain good working relationships with brokers, carriers, vendors and internal clients.
* Demonstrate teamwork, flexibility regarding assignments, responsiveness to the firm s needs and the needs of its internal clients, and a generally positive attitude toward the firm and the risk management department.
* Demonstrate a good work ethic; i.e., punctuality and regular attendance through prior work history.
* Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis utilizing Excel, Access and other software tools to create reports and outputs supporting renewal of domestic and global insurance programs. Some specific tasks include:
* Extract auto liability, product liability and general liability data from data warehouse
* Collect or use data from internal sources to complete MFL-PML studies
* Collect, organize and analyze data in support of existing and future insurance programs
* Support analytical work including data management (data warehouse), perform loss forecasting, accruals, self-insured and cash flow analysis
* Perform other duties as required.
* 3 5 years of experience working in an insurance organization
* Ability to work with various parties, including underwriters, brokers, lawyers, etc.
* Proficiency in PC office products strong Access and Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent with Risk Management / Business related curriculum preferred.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.