Finance Manager - Global Investment Center 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Finance Manager
The Global Investment Consulting business is going through a period of significant transformation, with fast growth, a recently globalized structure and an increasing focus on operational efficiency. This role supports the c.$80m global resource pool which is fundamental to running all local market propositions across North America and EMEA (c.$300m of revenue annually).
The successful applicant will be driven by the desire to make a difference, possessing the exceptional interpersonal skills needed to swiftly build relationships, deliver wide ranging financial support to senior global stakeholders (some overseas virtually) and become an integral part of the business team. This will involve producing robust financial plans, coordinating and driving efficiencies and acting as the key point of contact in the US.
There is also a requirement to partner with Finance and other shared services teams as well as the Finance Centre Of Excellence (COE) in Krakow. The selected individual therefore needs to be able to communicate and influence the organization at all levels as a minimum pre-requisite.
As the interface and liaison between the Finance function and the business, the Finance Manager will actively support the budgeting, planning and forecasting processes. They will use their evolving knowledge of the business and relationships with business leaders to influence decision making. Support on commercial and operational initiatives will form an important element of this role with a continued focus on streamlining and efficiencies.
There will be a need to develop insightful management reports and provide key commentary on trends and forward-looking ideas to the business on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Work collaboratively with the Finance COE and the business to develop action plans to improve profitability through effective cost control. In addition, the role will support ad-hoc cost-benefit analysis (CBAs) and subsequent review related to capital spend such as IT projects, third party consulting work and offshoring strategies.
* Develop and maintain strong partnerships with senior executives and middle management within the Investment business unit and support finance related initiatives.
* Provide strategic analysis, forward looking guidance and challenge to the wide variety of annual and long-term plans that contribute to the commercial development of the business.
* Consolidate global submissions and work with business leaders to produce effective storyboarding for plans, performance and new initiatives for the executive team.
* Monitor the financial performance of the business and report progress on all key financial metrics and business initiatives providing monthly updates to the senior executives in the business and Finance Directors.
* Work with the central reporting team, US and UK FP&A teams to ensure new financial structures and global allocation methodologies are operating effectively.
* Continuously develop and implement key performance measures, including trend analysis and other operational data to provide insightful and challenging contribution to the overall running of the business.
* Partner with the Finance COE and other teams to deliver analysis and insights to influence the business and drive financial performance.
* Lead and drive a best in class process/control environment and work with the Controllership and Compliance functions to ensure appropriate treatment from a statutory or regulatory perspective.
* Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with Aon Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Experience and Knowledge:
* Ability to understand the business and communicate the wider financial impact of business decision making to senior executives and governance committees
* The necessary gravitas to influence senior stakeholders
* Historic FP&A, business performance management or business partnering experience at senior levels is essential
* Strong financial acumen
* Experience in preparing management reports, slide decks and presentations for senior stakeholders
* Budgeting and forecasting
* Experience of global structures and cost pool governance is desirable
* The ability to effectively influence and challenge senior executives
* A self-starter with the ability to work independently on their own initiative
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Advanced excel skills (VBA not required)
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Expert at building and maintaining relationships
* Able to undertake occasional travel to the UK or Poland
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to build upon technical accounting knowledge to develop new initiatives and financial processes
Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting required
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.