Accounts Payable /Staff Accountant 7/31/2018
BMC HealthNet Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ACCOUNTS PAYABLE /STAFF ACCOUNTANT
The Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant is a key member of the Finance Team working efficiently with financial information to produce timely and accurate monthly reporting and analyses.
* Ensures proper general ledger coding of invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, purchase order transactions, conforming to standard procedures prior to entering data into Lawson financial system.
* Works with the department manager on complex exceptions performing root cause analyses and business process Improvement.
* Prepares monthly journal entries, analyzes and reconciles interfaces with general ledger accounts.
* Prepares monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
* Manages vendor statement reconciliations, maintaining manageable open invoices including credit memos
* Processes weekly claims check runs and payments to medical vendors. Prepares weekly analyses of payments to major providers / facilities and reconciles to relevant claims system operating reports.
* Processes claims refunds and returned checks.
* Maintains company fixed asset reporting, including monthly spreadsheets and reconciliations to general ledger.
* Assists in developing fixed assets inventory.
* Prepares periodic analysis of fringe benefits expenses YTD to assess adequacy of accrual and detect errors.
* Assists with document preparation for annual GAAP and statutory audits.
* Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
* Provides back up as required in General Accounting.
* Reconciles exceptions relating to document management system.
* Assists in period month-end close including Fiscal Year-end .
* Assists in maintaining department operational reference manual for standardization and reference.
* Direct supervision is received daily.
Bachelor s degree in Accounting required.
* Two to four years of progressive accounting experience with focus on accounts payable, general ledger close and financial analysisPreferred/Desirable:
* Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
* Exposure to managed care insurance.
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
* Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
* Must have collaborative, helpful orientation dealing with all customers of Finance Team, End-Users/Business Owners, Financial institutions, Strategic partners and Boston Medical Center staff.
* Must be able to prioritize, especially at peak periods; or know when it is necessary to confirm priorities with Manager of Accounts Payable & Fixed Assets.
* Detail-oriented with focus on high level of accuracy.
* Proficiency with Excel, and Microsoft Office Systems required, experience using a computerized accounting system such as Lawson preferred.
* Willingness and ability to perform day-to-day fiscal activities at all levels.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, work accurately, meet deadlines is required.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of team .
* Self-motivated, independent and pro-active.
* Strong communication skills Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
* Required to notify Manager if unplanned absence becomes necessary; keep Manager informed of status.
* Work is performed in a typical interior / office work environment.
* No, or limited, physical effort required. No, or limited, exposure to physical risk.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. BMC HealthNet? Plan/Well? Sense Plan participates in the E-Verify Program to electronically verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees.