Hardware Engineering Co-op Student 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
Hardware Engineering Co-op Student
COOP-Student (Fixed Term)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Gather data and prepare reports as necessary
* Provide administrative and technical support to Engineering department
* Documentation research and analysis
* Assist other departments, when needed
* Review/Check drawings and update final documentation
* Gather aircraft data and develop cockpit configuration CAD layouts
* Generate PowerPoint presentation slides for design reviews
* Research/validate parts and develop parts lists
* Generate Engineering Change Notices to release/change drawings and parts lists
* Work with logistics personnel to develop, release, and maintain spares lists
* Assist the department by developing status reporting tools using MS Excel
* Must have good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor's degree (or higher level) college/university program majoring in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
* Must have completed at least their sophomore year
* Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
* A basic understanding of CAD systems preferred
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Must be able to compute rate, ratio and percent
* Must be able to solve practical problems
* Must be willing to learn new procedures and applications
* Must have good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
* Must be detail-oriented
* Must be customer service-oriented
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for a DoD Personal Security Clearance
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* May be required to sit down for long lengths of time.
* May be required to climb stairs.
* Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit a simulator.
* Must be able to support rack mounted equipment (up to 7 feet off the ground).
* Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine gender is used throughout this job description solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.