Yard Crew Fork Lift Operator 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description: Yard Crew Forklift Operator
Reports to: Yard Supervisor
Status: Non Exempt, FT
Note: This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements. Receipt of this job description does not constitute an employment agreement. Crom, LLC is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship with or without notice or cause. The employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/DISABILITY/E-Verify/DFWP
Job Purpose: Perform forklift duties involved in truck loading, unloading, storage, and maintenance of yard and yard materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Load and unload trucks, store materials, and perform various assigned tasks
* Possess the skill to assess weights and judge distances and heights
* Stage and load materials and equipment, ensuring the exact number and correct item is being loaded
* Responsible for strapping and securing loads onto flatbed trailers
* Crate, band, and shrink wrap materials in preparation for shipping
* Organize and maintain the shop yard property
* Observe and follow all mandatory safety procedures, including the use of all personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Must be organized and detail-oriented
* Must possess the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Proven experience as a forklift operator
* Experience loading materials and equipment of different sizes and weights onto a flatbed trailer
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* Construction, landscaping, or other outdoor labor experience
* Dependable transportation
* Possess a valid forklift operator s certification
* Ability to pass a respirator fitting test as required
* Primarily works outside and exposed to the elements
* Exposed to hazardous materials
* Exposed to frequent loud noises
* Exposed to dangerous machinery
* Generally works five 8-hour days, although overtime may occur
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weight: Must be able to move, lift or leverage up to 50 lbs. often.
Gross Motor: Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, reach and walk often.
Communication: Must be able to engage in unrestricted communication in-person often.