Construction Engineer 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Construction Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6 months with possible 6 month extension
Experienced engineer with project management skills:
* Previous distribution and or/electric utility experience desired
* Lead project design, engineering and construction coordination on multiple solar projects for region operations
* Ability to think critically, explain complex topics to developers and customers, as well as gaining a quick understanding of the solar program and articulate program aspects.
Travel: The bulk of the projects are in the South, West, Central, Coastal, and East Regions of Georgia. Depending on the candidates reporting location, travel may require overnight stays.
Typical Job Duties:
* Meet with developers/customers to determine interconnection requirements.
* Engineer work orders to meet the developer's/customer's needs.
* Design and estimate solar jobs utilizing internal design tools.
* Support the project manager by providing summarizing and compiling long lead time material needs, as well as timeline requirements.
* Familiarity with Georgia Power construction and design specifications, bulletins, and materials.
* Management of all project construction activities to ensure deadlines are met, which include, but are not limited to the following:
* Pre Construction (Site Visits, Permitting, Ordering Material)
* During Construction (Region Communication)
* Post Construction (Witness Testing Attendance, Project Material Reconciliation, Project Closeout)
* Prioritize work and jobs based on project milestones. Coordinate the engineering and construction schedule as well as provide frequent project communications updates with local region and project manager.
* Candidate may also be utilized in reviewing project applications and assisting various cross-functional teams with additional site work, as needed.
This exciting opportunity is available immediately so please apply today for immediate consideration!
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer