Assistant Property Manager 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EDENS, one of the country's leading developers of grocery-anchored retail shopping centers, is seeking an Assistant Property Manager in our Texas Regional office located in Dallas.
Reporting to the Director of Property Operations, the Assistant Property Manager will assist in managing the day-to-day operational activities of a portfolio of retail shopping centers. Activities include account administration, customer relations, and assisting with site and building operations. In this position you will perform technical analysis, planning, and scheduling relative to the below functions. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to learn business fundamentals and advance in the commercial real estate industry.
Assistant Property Manager will spend upwards of 6-8 weeks training in our Washingon, D.C. office where they will receive extensive hands on training.
* Assist the regional property manager with all of the day-to-day operating activity of multiple retail shopping centers in the Northeast
* Build relationships with national and local retailers
* Assist the regional property manager with project budgeting, scheduling, and contractor coordination
* Learn to read architectural and engineered building and site plans
* Assist the regional property manager with physical plant inspections
* Learn and implement building sustainability practices
* Learn how to read real estate income statements, balance sheets, general ledgers, and supporting schedules
* Process invoices for payment
* Process tenant rent accounts
* Review and analyze tenant aging receivables
* Understand the basic business terms of a commercial real estate lease
* Maintain tenant lease files
* Collect and analyze tenant retail sales reports
* Collect and review tenant insurance certificates
* Understand the basic business and legal terms of a service contract
* Prepare work specifications and requests for proposals (RFP's)
* Prepare contracts
* Maintain contract files
* Become LEED GA certified
* Attend professional seminars as directed by the property manager.
Education & Experience Requirements
* BS/BA in Business Administration
* Interest in real estate and knowledge of general business management practices and principles
* Ability to learn specific property management software
* High proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint software
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are essential
* Must be responsible, dependable, and motivated
* Possess a valid drivers license
* Valid Drivers License and up-to-date private auto collision and liability insurance.
* Must be able to operate in Windows environment proficiently. Ability to learn specific property management software. High proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel software to meet reporting, correspondence and budgeting needs as defined above. Ability to understand and monitor social media including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
EDENS is a retail real estate owner, operator and developer of a nationally-leading portfolio of 120 places. Our sole purpose is to enrich community through human engagement. We design our places to achieve 3.5 trips per week and 5 hours of dwell time. We know that when people come together, they feel a part of something bigger than themselves and prosperity follows - economically, socially, culturally and soulfully. Our work is bigger than real estate; we are in the business of humanity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.