Clinical Assistant - Growing Elder Care Services Program - Leominster, MA 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking baseline vitals; reporting patient history summary.
* Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and reporting to Clinical Manager when below PAR levels;
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading professional publications. * Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Demonstrates an ability to relate well to participants; anticipates their needs and encourages independence.
* Assists participants with personal care needs such as dressing, toileting, bathing, grooming and other needs as identified in the care plan.
* Carries out clinical tasks such as assessment of vital signs, urine testing, foot care, simple dressings, catheter care, CD bag changes, hot packs and delivery of laboratory specimens.
* Assists participants in completion of PT/OT maintenance therapy program including, but not limited to, exercises and ambulation, as assigned.
* Documents all care rendered in the electronic medical record.
* Works as a member of the clinical team to provide high quality, timely service to patients.
* Prepares patient for examination by the PACE medical provider.
* Identifies and reports emergency situations to nursing and provider personnel, applies first aid as necessary and assists as his/her competency will allow.
* Provides care appropriate to patient population served.
* Utilizes knowledge to provide services under established organization and department policies and procedures
* Reviews, understands, and adheres to all department policies and procedures.
* Tracks all lab requests and future lab draws.
* Final lab copies are given to designated provider.
* Obtains routine and emergency blood samples by veni-puncture in accordance with established quality control procedures both at the PACE center and in the participant s home, as needed.
* Tracks all results and charts labs in the electronic medical record.
Education: High School Diploma, completion of qualified phlebotomy course and internship
Certification: Medical Assistant. CPR, EKG and Phlebotomy Certification (within 1 year of employment)
Experience: Minimum 1 year working with elderly population