Extruder Operator 7/31/2018
Poplar Bluff, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXTRUDER OPERATOR
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO United States
Job Type: Direct Hire
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Poplar Bluff, Mo Plant is looking for an Extrusion Operator. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you.
Perform task to provide superior quality products through cellular technology throughout the finishing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Read prints and specifications and be able to tell the difference between yarn types.
* Plans and evaluates the set-up of the extruding, forming, pressing and compacting Machine Setters process.
* Operator has the ability and knowledge to operate hydraulic controls.
* Ability to locate, read and apply various work instructions and control plans.
* Post data in MES, track scrap, schedule work flow to production needs.
* Ability to identify and evaluate new products and set up machines per specifications.
* Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
* Works for continuous improvement in all processes to maximize efficiency.
* Attendance is an essential function of this position. The employee must have regular, reliable, punctual and consistent attendance. The employee must be able to work regular and/or flexible hours or shifts, overtime before and after regular hours and shifts, as well as on weekends
EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
* Ability to work independently or in a team.
* Ability to think fast and adapt to changing situations.
* Exceptional problem solving skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
* Proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions.
* Takes initiative, self-motivated.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Must have good hand-eye coordination, have good hand dexterity.
The employees must frequently lift and /or move up to 40 pounds, may be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, rubbing alcohol, water and MEK.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other protected class defined by state or local law.
Gates Corporation is an Affirmative Action employer.