Engineer/Sr. Engineer, Product Technical Support 7/31/2018
GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The Engineer/Sr. Engineer, Product Technical Support will be responsible to drive stable, reliable production processes for new manufacturing processes recently transferred from R&D to production. Under general supervision, the Engineer/Sr. Engineer will be responsible for planning, executing and analyzing scientific experiments leading to development, and manufacturing process improvements for molecular diagnostic products. Specifically, this individual will work cross-functionally with R&D Engineering, Quality, Operations, and other functions to troubleshoot, investigate to root cause, develop solutions, and implement product and process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Independently plan, design and execute engineering experiments while troubleshooting and solving problems.
* Independently analyze data, interpret result and suggest next experiments.
* Interface with cross functional teams such as manufacturing engineering, quality and commercial to drive process improvement.
* Partner with outside experts to design and implement new automation and test equipment as necessary.
* Validate new or improved processes and manufacturing equipment.
* Troubleshoot issues that arise within the current manufacturing processes.
* Apply various tools (example DOE) to evaluate production capacities and capabilities.
* Follow cGMP and ISO standards.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors in Engineering, 2-4 years applicable experience depending on level, background and industry. Masters in Engineering, 0-2 years applicable experience depending on level, background and industry. Preferred engineering specialties are biomedical, mechanical, and chemical.
* Strong experience in testing, validating, implementing, and improving manufacturing processes, equipment and fixtures.
* Initiate, direct, and execute scientific research and/or development strategies.
* Failure investigation/product reliability activities based on field performance issues, as well as manufacturability or internal quality needs.
* Establish technical expertise; serve as a resource to other groups.
* Demonstrate competence in data analysis, research design, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for products, systems, or technologies.
* Problem Solving Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions.
* Strong quality-orientation with attention to detail and a desire to deliver service excellence is essential.
* Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a proactive, positive, and constructive manner.
* Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized, and conscientious individual.
* Complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
* Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide financial and operational needs to GenMark s business.
* Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
* Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
* Ability to read, write, and analyze complex documents.
* Ability to respond effectively and rapidly to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management, peers, and individuals.
* Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships.
* Strong problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills are required.
GenMark Dx does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current GenMark employee for review. GenMark Dx is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.