Senior Manager, Security Solutions 7/31/2018
Hitachi America, Ltd.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY: Hitachi America, Ltd.
DIVISION: Research & Development (R&D)
LOCATION: Home Office
STATUS: Project, Full-Time (August 2018 March 2019)
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) has an opening for a senior leader in the Security Solutions area to support the R&D organization in Silicon Valley. The mission of the R&D division is to help Hitachi business units create new businesses growth through community activity, customer co-creation and technology development. Currently, the security related business units in Hitachi are facing the challenge for the realization of Hitachis vision of Social Innovation from the security perspective. We intend to capture the opportunities available to solution providers in the US through the community activities and customer co-creation activities. We are seeking a leader to drive the challenge in the security related business units.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Understanding business and technology trends, the possible competitive opportunities and threats arising from new technologies or new business models, characterizing their impact on the business units in Hitachi, and proposing possible business development actions.
- Support and develop international activities in the cyber security community, while communicating with national bodies industries and academic leaders.
- Actively participate in the international cybersecurity communities through workshops and conferences to find from new concepts towards operational solutions.
- Identifying leading customers, understanding their business and technical challenges.
- Engaging customers and partners for proof-of-concept co-innovation projects.
- Providing technical leadership and project management to the Proof-of-Concept projects.
- Once the proof-of-concepts have been successful, creating partnerships with business units to create roadmaps for commercializing the solution.
- Enabling the solutions developed in the US to be expanded to global markets.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cyber security, with a deep understanding of existing security solutions and global trends in the security business.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in preparing and making technical presentations in English.
- Strong awareness of the industry, including knowledge of the target user segments and the market position of the solutions to effectively compete with similar solutions.
- Sufficient experience and technical background in computer science and data analytics to create and evaluate solutions in both functionality and performance.
- Strong network with customers, key opinion leaders, leading technology startups, successful competitors, academics, and government leaders.
- Strong motivation to lead the transformation of the Hitachi security businesses.
- Ability to travel domestic and international at least 40% of the time.
EOE-FEMALES/MINORITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES