Part-Time Field Interviewer - 29226 7/31/2018
Headway Workforce Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY On behalf of Research Triangle Institute, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Part-Time Field Interviewers for a government sponsored research study.
The Public Education Campaign on Teen Tobacco (ExPECTT) - Cohort 2 study sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The FDA's Center for Tobacco Products (FDA-CTP) is conducting the ExPECTT2 study too measure awareness of and exposure to FDA's Real Cost campaign among youth ages 11 - 16 and the campaign's impact on outcome variables of interest. Data will be collected in 100 primary areas across the United States. After screening by mail and in person, the evaluation will consist of an interviewer-administered parent/guardian interview and an in person self-administered baseline interview with eligible youth. Youth will be invited to complete three additional follow-up interviews either online or in person. Data from this evaluation will be used to gauge campaign awareness and examine the statistical relationships between exposure to the campaign and the outcome variables of interest among youth.
This position is part time, offering roughly 25 - 30 hours/week. This position is scheduled to last 6 weeks depending on location and project needs from August 26th through October 5th, 2018. We are looking for individuals who will be able to work evening and weekend hours, maintain a varied schedule, and travel locally. Qualified Candidates will be able to commit to the duration of the project.
* Be available to work a minimum of 25 non-travel hours per week for entire project training and data collection period
* Demonstrate the ability to work and communicate with your supervisor with completing assignments on schedule
* Available and willing to work primarily weekday evenings after 4pm and all weekend hours as required by specific assignments and the project
* Have a reliable personal automobile available for business use
* Have regular access to a computer with a wireless internet connection (i.e., Wi-Fi) as needed for data transmissions and administrative tasks
* Communicate weekly with your field supervisor during an hour conference call as well as responding to e-mails, voice mails and other FS requests in a timely manner
* Must work a minimum of 4 hours in the field per trip, excluding travel time
* Able to keep project information private
* Basic proficiency in the use of tablets and laptops
* Obtain cooperation of household members and sampled adults by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns about screening and panel enrollment.
Ability to correctly obtain informed consent/assent
* Screen households and interview sampled adults and youth following prescribed protocols
* Ability to read text verbatim from a computer screen (i.e. a laptop and tablet) and paper documents
* Assume responsibility for and carefully track cash incentives and payments
* Accurately complete all project documents and reports including interviewer observation surveys, interview-related paperwork, and any other reporting forms
* Assume full and legal responsibility for use and care of all tablet computers, laptops, and other equipment, taking reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard against damage, loss, or theft, and returning all equipment at the conclusion of the assignment or at any time at the request of your supervisor
* Adhere strictly to project deadlines for screening households, enrolling sampled adults and youth, reporting progress, submitting case documentation, and returning materials and equipment to RTI
* Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field
* Transmit data to RTI each day you work and a minimum of 3 times per week
* Submit timely and accurate time and expense reports
* Available for possible overnight travel if remote segments are part of the assignment area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Travel frequently to respondent locations
* Be outside and exposed to all types of weather; in summer, heat and humidity, rainstorms, etc.
* Be exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in any outdoor environment
* Stand, walk, and climb stairs carrying equipment
* Communicate through speech and listening
* Transport and handle equipment and materials, such as a tablet and laptop computer, weighing a combined 15 pounds or more
All hires must review a Field Interviewing manual and complete a home study assignment prior to attending training. They must attend and successfully complete a mandatory, out of town, in person paid training tentatively scheduled for August 22-25, 2018. Trainees must successfully complete training to continue employment on the project.
* For bilingual, Spanish-speaking FIs: Successfully complete all components of the RTI bilingual certification and training program
* Project related mileage would be reimbursed at the government rate of $.54/mile
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.