Production Supervisor 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Purpose:
Manage direct employees to achieve established safety and housekeeping goals, quality standards, customer service goals, and productivity levels. Primary focus will be on safely delivering the highest quality product, on-time, and at the lowest cost.
1. Supervise the maintenance of a safe, clean and secure work environment for all associates
2. Ensure fair and consistent application of and adherence to all established company quality standards, policies and procedures.
3. Plan, organize, and develop company resources to meet all established goals and objectives for safely meeting on-time shipment of product to customers.
4. Develop teams and educate members to accept increasing levels of responsibility and authority; with the ultimate objective of being self-directed.
5. Enforce all preventative maintenance schedules as applicable.
6. Manage the training program in accordance with the defined pay policy.
7. Assist the Manufacturing Excellence group in maintaining and implementing desired programs.
Education and Training
Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but an Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in an applicable area is accepted.
Minimum of two years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to work without direct supervision with a high degree of personal accountability.
Knowledge of material flow and inventory control.
Strong mechanical ability required.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
PC Operation skills in Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint a plus.
Frequent lifting, bending, and twisting.
Must be able to physically lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
Must be able to pass drug and alcohol screen.
Production environment with exposure to heat/cold.
Manufacturing setting with exposure to equipment machines.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Proven track record of continuing training through schools and seminars.
Training or demonstrated experience in positive management techniques and team building concepts preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer: veteran / disability