Analyst, Business Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/31/2018
END DATE 8/14/2018
Seneca Resources Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTION# of Openings
Job Closing Date
Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca's investment activity is in the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 785,000 net prospective acres. Seneca's California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 12,000 acres and has more than 1,300 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company's oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Corporation is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Analyst, Business Systems will serve as an integral member of the accounting and IT team. This individual will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining new applications, as well as upgrading and/or maintaining existing systems. The Analyst, Business Systems will have a key responsibility to act as a liaison between non-technical users and technical staff to ensure user s requirements are met in the most effective way. This individual will participate in cross-functional project teams and have frequent contact with upper level management. Additionally, the position will have a high focus on financial and accounting software support.
The successful candidate will also be tasked with responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Serve as project lead in installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of software and applications:
* Participate in the software selection process by gathering business requirements, preparing requests for proposals (RFPs), and attending system demonstrations
* Ensure alignment between user, technical and system requirements.
* Development and execution of software training and testing plans
* Support, update, and act as system administrator of Seneca s business systems, such as Quorum (Enterprise Resource Planning), Kronos (Time & Attendance), and Concur (Expense & Travel)
* Ensure the quality and integrity of data from multiple sources and generate reports on an ad-hoc basis with an emphasis on accounting
* Interface with other departments and senior management to provide reports and analysis via direct database queries and advanced excel reporting
* Act as a liaison between accounting, IT, and other cross-functional areas of the company
* Comply with Seneca s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs
* Qualified candidate must possess a Bachelor s degree and minimum two (2) years of related experience required; preferably in accounting and finance software implementation
* Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is required
* Software implementation experience and ability to write advance SQL queries is preferred
* Ability to work in a fast past environment; working between and prioritizing concurrent assignments
* Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
* Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to interface with all levels of personnel professionally and effectively are also required
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.