Senior Cloud Engineer/ Cloud Solutions Architect (5032-292) 7/31/2018
Union Beach, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking what if? That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.
Our 7,300 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated products.
Dreamers and doers, we work tirelessly to discover flavors and fragrances that inspire customers and delight consumers. We are fueled by our four corporate values of passion, creativity, expertise and empowerment. It is the unique blend of these values that make us IFF. These qualities can be seen and felt throughout our amazing 128 year history and will continue to guide us as we explore our limitless possibilities and develop new-to-world solutions that enhance the lives of millions around the globe.
Why not see how far your career passion can take you? Come join the creative and empowered people who work at International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. (And be sure to also check out our award-winning Career Video).
The Senior Cloud Engineer role will automate the provisioning of infrastructure in the cloud using various computing tools, and programming languages, as well as, work side by side with development teams to rapidly deploy highly available infrastrucure to ensure the success of agile managed business projects.
* Work with open source configuration management tools to develop the automated deployment of virtual server instances and environments in AWS using various DevOps toolchain, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, ServiceNow, Jenkins, Docker, native AWS tools, etc.
* Build and design secure, well-instrumented, highly-available, and stricktly automated reproducible infrastructure. Optimize infrastructure deployments for speed, cost, availability and scale. Constructs, maintains and tests staging systems to validate product/feature functionality as well as load testing of system using various test harnesses
* Define system and service configurations, installation and support strategies of system components (at both site and enterprise levels) for implementation and maintenance support.
* Actively participate in Agile scrums representing Infrastructure
* Conduct research on emerging Cloud and DevOps technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
* Participate in technical incident management and troubleshooting escalations, as needed.
* Troubleshoot systems, software, failures and make changes to improve current automated performance following established change management practices. Oversee Usage charges and billing accuracy towards eliminating wasteful resources such as developer systems not made dormant when not in use.
* Update and maintain Cloud documentation, including strategy, DevOps engineering documents, change control, trouble tickets, procedures, and other documentation
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related technical field, or a recognized equivalent in work experience, or self-study
* Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network. Experience in delivering comprehensive cloud solutions. At a minimum Puppet, or Chef or Ansible automation scripting tools.
* Demonstrated ability to integrate various security and data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive solution that sufficiently mitigates risk
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, analytical abilities, detail orientation, quality focus, and problem solving skills, as well as a broad knowledge of business functions, information technologies, and the security and compliance practice body of knowledge
* Certified AWS Solutions Architect, Associate or higher
* Three to five years demonstrated experience in DevOps solutions and implementation of cloud technology and process solutions to enable highly available infrastructure.
* Scripting experience across a range of common structured formats.
* Knowledge of AWS IAM and demonstrated ability to properly establish access controls for a virtual private cloud.
* Certified or experienced in Agile Scrum. Able to work quickly and constructively with development teams to translate needs into infrastructure ready environments.
* Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures available in AWS: web servers (EC2), application servers (MarketPlace), load balancers (ELB), and storage (S3).