Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kodak is Hiring!
Eastman Kodak Company is looking for a Buyer to join our Global Equipment Procurement team in Rochester, NY.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
As a Buyer you will provide purchasing support to internal clients and is responsible for ordering Materials and/or Services (examples include hardware/software, equipment, chemistry, utilities, consulting, mechanical/service parts, etc.) key to various Kodak s Print System Division. They will ensure orders are placed with the correct source and at the best price and terms. They are responsible to manage the purchase transaction through delivery, payment, and PO closure, and will resolve issues quickly throughout the process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Buyer works closely with the Category Manager who provides leadership and guidance relating to the Commodity strategy and the suppliers contracts and terms.
* Manages the daily queue of incoming requisitions and places Purchase Orders in a timely manner. For low value purchases, obtains quotes and selects best source.
* Ensures that purchasing transactions are in line with the Commodity strategies, contracts, and pay terms.
* Collects all pertinent vendor data and ensures SAP system has accurate information, including source and pricing data.
* Handles supplier communications relating to purchasing transactions. This includes managing supplier acceptance/confirmation of purchase order, distribution of shipping instructions, missing or incorrect invoices, past due deliveries, obtaining Return Material Authorizations, etc.
* Manages purchase order changes as necessary, either in response to supplier negative acknowledgement, or a Kodak requested change.
* Monitors past due PO s. Follows-up with the supplier and expedites shipments as necessary.
* Resolves discrepancies with purchase orders, receipts, or invoices. This includes frequent monitoring and reconciling imbalances between receipts and invoices.
* Provides data or reports to assist Commodity Manager as needed for analysis, process improvements, or in support of commodity strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills & Experience:
* Associates Degree required; Bachelor s Degree preferred, in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Operations Management.
* Entry Level position with 0-3 Years Experience.
* Computer skills: Efficient keyboarding, Microsoft Excel and Word, SAP or other ERP System (procurement module) experience desired.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as telephone and listening skills.
* Excellent customer service skills to work with internal clients and external suppliers.
* Good troubleshooting skills to support discrepancy resolution responsibilities.
Critical Success Factors/Competencies
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Interpersonal skills and ability to work as an effective team member.
* Accountability - takes ownership of tasks; ability to follow through to completion, delivers on individual and team action items.
* Self-motivated and able to adjust to changing priorities.
* Demonstrates a strong desire for continuous improvement.
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.