Business Development Manager - Nuclear Solutions 7/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES develops and integrates proprietary products and specialty engineering services, to create highly engineered solutions that sustain and enhance infrastructure across a broad range of end user markets. We serve owners and managers of infrastructure, as well as designers, engineers, and general contractors, across the U.S. and in selected international markets.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to develop new and strengthen existing client relationships where our nuclear pipe rehabilitation solutions can be best utilized. This position will be based out of our corporate office in Columbia, MD, but may accommodate a remote working situation for the best qualified individual. As a Business Development Manager for the Nuclear Solutions business line, you will be accountable for bringing the capabilities of Structural Technologies to the Nuclear market serving customers needing support with their failing pipe infrastructure. As a Business Development Manager, you will collaborate with our Technologies and Operations teams to develop solutions that tackle the toughest construction challenges and meet the needs of our valued Nuclear customers.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
* Participate in web based meetings, in-person meetings, emails, and phone calls with Structural Technology s current and potential nuclear clients as needed.
* Assist with drafts of nuclear proposals and necessary revisions.
* Assist with assembly of nuclear bid packages and submittals.
* Attend nuclear jobsite walks and pre-bid meetings as needed.
* Draft nuclear technical packages for submission on projects and for internal discussions.
* Participate in nuclear project review calls and maintain up to date CRM listings for pipeline projects.
* Draft summaries of projects for use as case histories on website as well as abstracts (and papers) for submission to technical conferences.
* Join, attend and maintain active status on industry technical committees relevant to nuclear pipelines.
* Collaborate on developing marketing content for use in e-blast newsletters and on the pipelines portion of the Structural Technologies website.
* Update the nuclear pipeline contact databases with new contacts obtained from conferences and presentations.
* Create and maintain a database of nuclear power plants with details on their pipeline systems. Work with the Structural Group s sales resources to help develop this database and reach out to key targets.
* After receiving appropriate training, give capabilities presentations to potential clients on our pipeline capabilities and work with Pipeline Solutions Team to follow up on feedback and inquiries that arise from presentations.
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
Minimum Requirements * Education: Bachelor s Degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, or project management
* Experience/Qualifications: 5+ years of experience in a professional environment related to nuclear industry and related to civil/ structural engineering, or construction activities. We are looking for a goal-oriented, enthusiastic individual with outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, strong verbal, written and computer skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers, clients, and consultants. Will have high energy, a positive, up-beat, can-do personality, and experience in presenting and working within a team environment. Strong understanding of sales functions, procedures, and standards along with structural and civil engineering concepts and practices. Ability to interface well with all levels of the organization internally as well as externally with partner agencies and customers.
* Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Industry Qualifications: Ability to obtain nuclear badging at all US nuclear plants, as necessary to perform required job functions.
Preferred Experience: * Experience/Qualifications: 10+ years experience in a sales capacity in the power generation industry, preferably in the nuclear industry
* Industry Experience: Extensive experience regarding piping systems throughout a nuclear power plant and ability to understand and fluently discuss pipeline failure modes, condition assessment technologies and repair techniques.
* Industry Experience: 10+ years professional experience related to civil or structural engineering with a focus in pipeline engineering.
Our ideal Business Development candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
Structural Technologies, a Structural Group Company, is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
Additional Benefits-Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
-Short Term Disability
-Long Term Disability