Asst. Terminal Manager 7/31/2018
Sprague Resources GP LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary / General Purpose:
Assist Terminal Operations Manager-Searsport in the on-site day-to-day safe and environmentally sound operation of the appointed Terminal(s) including personnel scheduling and management, equipment maintenance and repair, dock operations and product receipt, transfer, storage and delivery.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
* Assist the Terminal Manager to effectively manage, train, direct and control terminal employees
* Provide guidance, mentoring and training to terminal Supervisors to aid in their growth.
* Assist with hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations and performance reviews of terminal employees
* Responsible for the day-to-day direction of the terminal supervisors and terminal operations.
* Insure all operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner
* Directly implement and control safety, environmental compliance and fire protection programs with stringent adherence to environmental and regulatory compliance
* Assist in the development, implementation and control of expense and capital budgets
* Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance and long-range asset improvement programs
* Resolve any problems or issues that may arise between employees and/or with the efficient operation of the terminal
* Resolve any customer or vendor complaints as they arise
* Support the Terminal Manager in all facets of terminal operations and, in the absence of the Terminal Manager, act as the Terminal Manager with direct responsibility for all terminal operations
* Other duties as required
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree, 5 plus years' experience in the operation of facilities associated with the petroleum, material handling, manufacturing, marine or power generation industries.
* Demonstrated ability to work with fellow employees, customers, contractors, and senior managers, accept responsibility, implement concepts and plans, direct the activities of others and develop good working relationships with people of varied backgrounds and levels of responsibility
* Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
* Demonstrated computer competency in use of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Self-starter with demonstrated record of pro-active contributions and ability to successfully implement corporate goals.
* Management skills required.
* Valid driver's license.
Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourage minorities, females, Vets and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations.
Click here for OFCCP compliance information