Global Account Manager San Francisco 7/31/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
High-performance global career sales professional focused on managing the sales of products and/or services to global accounts that operate across both domestic and international regions to ensure attainment of revenue and profit objectives. Develops and maintains business relationships at the customers headquarters/executive level. Provides leadership and coordination, directly and/or indirectly, for the locally focused sales teams in multiple countries. Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the organization s business; executing contracts; and account and brand forecasting. Gathers detailed information about accounts, identifies decision-makers, understands strategic business challenges and priorities, and takes the lead in analyzing information and prioritizing opportunities critical to the accounts. Ensures professional sales coordination, account planning and forecast/report sales activity. Must act as designated design, technical or scientific expert when needed. Provides formal leadership to a selling team (e.g. account-team leader responsibility etc.).
The experienced Global Account Manager will own complex accounts globally and work across teams to insure global coordination. You will be expected to pursue and win opportunities abroad by performing the following tasks:
* Develop tailored account strategies to differentiate Steelcase
* Leverage accumulated knowledge and experience to develop a thorough understanding of client issues
* Collaborate across teams to most effectively and efficiently leverage Steelcase, Inc. resources to advance the strategies
* Strengthen existing deep relationships and develop new relationships to broaden our reach across client / key influencer audiences
* Engage senior leadership and c-suite effectively appropriately challenging their thinking using our research, insights and solutions
* Understand pricing dynamics and develop effective pricing strategies-Demonstrate a consistent track record of improving share, product mix and gross margin within the most complex accounts
Designated Global Accounts are headquartered in San Francisco. While this role will require some domestic and international travel, it is a unique opportunity to work at a global scale, while remaining largely local.
* High degree of interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills required
* Demonstrated leadership and initiative skills, and a high level of stress tolerance
* Clear understanding of industry sales process and working knowledge of dealer distribution system
* Ability to resolve conflict
* Conceptual thinker
* Demonstrated computer proficiencies
* Minimum of Bachelor degree (Business Administration or related area) or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum five (5) years industry experience required.
* Must have experience managing large scale accounts
* New Business development experience highly preferred
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
San Francisco, California, United States