Product Manager Ultrasound - Radiology 7/31/2018
Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You.
At Canon Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR that address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in class tools for diagnosis. Together, we work on an education plan and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it possible.
Manage Ultrasound Radiology product line relative to new product introduction, pricing, training; organize and execute internal and external product evaluations; collect and analyze competitive information; support the clinical marketing team in the creation of sales tools, brochures and videos; and provide sales support. Communicate directly with key counterparts in Japan to ensure high quality product deliverables suitable for the USA market.
* Develop and implement product strategies and programs to meet or exceed BU objectives.
* Ownership to develop and implement product launch plans developing Product Introduction Proposals and adherence to the New Product Introduction process meeting critical time lines.
* Continually monitor market to determine market size, CMSU's potential market share and the effectiveness of marketing programs and special promotions. Adjust terms and conditions of these programs and promotions, as necessary.
* Collect and analyze competitive information to advise field sales on product positioning and strategies
* Disseminate quarterly review and project status information to Business Unit.
* Organize and execute internal and external product evaluations.
* Continuously monitor the product and follow-up on customer issues which may negatively impact customer satisfaction and Sales. Work directly with counterparts in Japan to resolve issues and recommend product improvements.
* Understand current and future applications for assigned product and develop plans to capitalize on them.
* Solicit input from field sales and applications personnel regarding Ultrasound Radiology product issues; develop and recommend corrective actions and convey information to CMSU BU's.
* Take ownership of ultrasound radiology product results relative to achieving operating plan objectives, including sales, bookings, margin and profit.
* Schedule quarterly business reviews with counterparts in Japan to determine the status of project deliverables, product road maps, etc.
* Support the clinical marketing and education teams in development and continuous improvement of sales tools, brochures, videos and training programs.
* Organize and execute new hire and new product training in cooperation with the clinical marketing and education team.
* Interface with Services organization to understand performance and reliability issues for product and develop corrective actions.
* Become the key Canon product representative at clinical and luminary sites for assigned product lines.
* Working within budget, develop key messages and industry show platforms for assigned product lines.
* Manage individual expenses and ensure adherence to budget.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred.
* Two years clinical or engineering experience within the Ultrasound Radiology modality.
* One year experience with product features as they relate to clinical benefits.
* Two years' experience in marketing and/or sales.
* Knowledge of clinical applications at the user level.
* PC proficient, including Excel, PowerPoint, MSWord.
* Employee will make regular visits to medical facilities. These facilities may have certain standards, which all vendor representatives must meet in order to gain access to these facilities, including the requirement for drug, background and health screening. Employment is contingent on your compliance to the standards established by each facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screenings.
* This job requires travel, which includes overnight travel.
* Employee is required to maintain a safe driving record and possess a valid state driver's license to enable frequent motor vehicle travel within all CMSU sales zones.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled