Client Arrangements Supervisor 7/31/2018
Sidley Austin LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Recruiting Location US-IL-Chicago
The Client Arrangements Supervisor leads a team that is responsible for supporting our billing partners and Billing Department by reviewing, analyzing, and implementing our client fee arrangements and the requirements contained in client Outside Counsel Guidelines. The Client Arrangements Supervisor will have supervisory responsibilities for several analysts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with Firm billing partners, billing specialists and other Firm departments (as necessary) to determine our client fee arrangements.
* Prepare analyses of billing information to assist billing partners in developing fee arrangement proposals.
* Review and analyze our client fee arrangements and Outside Counsel Guidelines to ensure the corresponding billing information is properly set-up in our financial system (Elite Enterprise).
* Effectively communicate the client fee arrangements and billing requirements to appropriate Firm personnel.
* Evaluate our current processes and procedures related to setting up client fee arrangements and corresponding billing information in our financial system and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Address questions and issues that arise due to the set-up of billing information in our financial system from individuals at various levels across the Firm s offices worldwide and from clients.
* Coordinate and review the monthly reporting completed by department analysts
* Organize and monitor the team s progress on the current year s fee arrangement implementations.
* Oversee the creation and maintenance of historical rates in the firm s financial system, as well as address questions and issues that arise with regard to rate changes.
* In addressing questions, issues, and normal daily activities, conduct root cause analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements and training that could prevent similar issues in the future.
* Responsible for the direction, supervision and development of staff in a fast paced environment. Complete staff evaluations annually.
* Train staff within and outside our department on processes and procedures.
* Work closely with the manager and other supervisors to assess staffing requirements in our department.
* Prepare documentation of processes and procedures.
* Provide excellent client service to our attorneys, billing specialists, clients and other Firm personnel.
* Thoroughly understand the client arrangements cycle.
* Work closely and harmoniously with the manager and other supervisors in our department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in business, technology or related field
* Minimum of five years of work experience in relevant position
* One to two years of supervisory or project management experience and the demonstrated ability to drive process improvements across a matrix environment
* Experience in defining processes, conducting root cause analysis and delivering process improvements
* Strong project management skills with an ability to work independently, develop effective project plans, and deliver on established timelines.
* High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel
* Previous experience working in a professional services firm desired (not necessarily a law firm)
* Experience with Elite Enterprise
* Experience with electronic billing systems
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.