NEPA PROJECT MANAGER 7/31/2018
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
NEPA PROJECT MANAGER
Versar is seeking a Senior NEPA Project Manager with strong technical skills to lead the capture and management of large NEPA projects and to support the preparation of EISs and EAs for complex and often controversial projects nationwide, including construction, and resource planning; and energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and programs. The position is organized under Versar s Environmental Services Group (ESG) and while ability to report to either our Newport News, VA or Richardson, TX office location is ideal, it is not required.
* Managing, preparation, planning, and analysis/review of technical studies, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents.
* Direct the work of others in the completion of required studies, documents, and reports.
* Implement QA/QC procedures.
* BS degree in environmental science, engineering, planning, or related field required.
* 15+ years project management experience in complex environmental planning projects which involve NEPA; experience with: DoD (specifically Air Force and Navy) a plus.
* AICP or CEP certification plus.
* Proven client management skills with Department of Defense, Department of Interior, Department of Agriculture, or other related agencies are a must.
* Technical and/or field experience with environmental impact issues, associated permit processes and documentation preparation/review are a must.
* Public participation, agency coordination, planning, and programming experience.
* Ability to take a leadership role in managing NEPA projects and developing new business.
* Ability to manage the entire process for Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and Environmental Assessments (EAs).
* Excellent communication skills, as well as strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities.
* Ability to work collaboratively with team members and clients and show demonstrated expertise in managing several complex tasks simultaneously.
* Interact with clients in process management and provide guidance and advice on complying with NEPA and related statutes and authorities (e.g., Section 106 of the Historic Preservation Act, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, the Executive Order on Environmental Justice, etc.).
* Experience managing agency consultation, public involvement, comment-response, impact analyses, and document production
* Manage multidisciplinary, geographically diverse teams and developing and managing project budgets and schedules.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel including report formatting and production of technical reports and proposals. Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
* Detail-oriented, organized, and team player with a strong focus on quality and client service.
* Business Development and proposal preparation experience for capture of NEPA compliance and natural resource management with one or more of the following clients: DoD (specifically Air Force and Navy), Department of Interior, Department of Agriculture.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of obtaining government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC).
* This position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with Versar s vehicle policy.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Refer a Friend
Refer a Friend for This Job
Versar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Versar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law