Staff Accountant 7/31/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
Primary Purpose:This position performs specific accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial analysis assignments under the direction of senior staff, supervisor and/or manager.
Responsibilities / Duties:
* Preparation and consolidation of internal financial reports to senior management and external reporting requirements to the SEC and other government or regulatory agencies.
* Prepares consolidating journal entries.
* Researches accounting, regulatory, and reporting issues necessary to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations.
* Identifies accounting issues within individual areas of responsibility and assists in developing recommendations to resolve such issues.
* Collaborates with financial reporting personnel in meeting departmental goals and objectives.
* Assists in the maintenance and processing of accounting and financial records of the Company.
* Interacts with and provides support for senior management, shareholders, external departments, government agencies, and internal and external auditors.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting
* 3+ years in public and/or professional accounting experience.
* CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees are strongly preferred.
* Experience with multi-company consolidations and prior SEC reporting preferred.
* Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Requires understanding of generally accepted accounting principles to determine appropriateness of accounting and reporting treatment.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and possess excellent problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of XBRL is desirable.
* Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; advanced knowledge preferred.
* Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, Hyperion is also desirable.
* Must be able to effectively interact in a team environment.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.