Principal Auditor 7/31/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
To plan scope and to identify objectives, resources, budget and hours. Will conduct all phases of assigned multiple team audits, while assessing the work of Auditors and Sr. Auditors. Provide customers with high quality value-added audit and consulting services for all Sempra Energy regulated and non-regulated businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan, supervise and conduct multiple audits of Company operations and practices to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, the economical and efficient use of resources, and the reliability and integrity of operating and financial information. Effectively document the results of the audit ensuring that conclusions, findings and recommendations are properly supported. Assess risks and recommend changes to improve operations or strengthen business controls, and negotiate solutions or corrective action. Prepare Audit Report and communicate audit results to senior management. Assist with special audit projects as assigned, such as annual financial review with external auditors.
* Responsible for the department's annual performance goals, which include completing a specified number of company audits in a timely basis and within budget. Represent the department as a business partner that adds value and is willing to assist with all Sempra Energy activities. Set a tone to encourage company management to call upon Audit Services for assistance.
* Assist in staff development, training and oversight of Auditors and Senior Auditors.
* Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
* Bachelor's Degree In relevant field or equivalent experience required.
* Advanced degree in relevant field a plus.
* 8+ years related audit experience.
* Ability to travel approximately 10-25% locally, nationally and internationally.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Professional audit certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Professional Engineer, Health and Safety) a plus.
* Valid California Driver's License required.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.