Content Marketing Specialist 7/31/2018
Morris Plains, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Weichert Co is hiring a Content Marketing Specialist at our corporate office in Morris Plains, NJ. The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for crafting Weichert's voice and driving brand equity in external, business to consumer messaging and internal communications, across all channels. Working directly with key stakeholders throughout the organization to serve the business needs of Weichert Companies, the content marketing specialist will strengthen our reach and grow our audiences by creating content for traditional media and digital marketing, including: newsletters, press releases, websites, infographics, social platforms and email.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develops, manages and maintains communication plans with relevant messaging to targeted audiences.
* Serves as brand evangelist to consistently promote and maintain the Weichert brand.
* Works directly with stakeholders and SMEs to understand the business needs and goals of each Weichert Company in order to create impactful messaging that inspires positive perceptions and/or actions.
* Writes effective, engaging copy that resonates with targeted audiences.
* Collaborates with peers on the communication and marketing and creative services teams to conceptualize campaigns, develop messaging and related design execution, and put in play actionable timelines.
* Facilitates cross-functional and interdepartmental collaboration to fully execute all deliverables.
* Schedules and manages all internal and external deadlines associated with the execution and implementation of each communication, plan or campaign, with exceptional time management skills.
* Accepts accountability and provides leadership with regular progress updates based on expressed expectations for development, turnaround and delivery.
* Learns quickly with a hands-on, thoughtful approach in order to apply new concepts to all writing efforts.
* Interviews effectively, asks questions to probe and understand organizational goals and objectives, and coordinates information to create and deliver content that drives results.
* Supports the team effort while working independently with the ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities.
* Researches industry trends and consumer behaviors to turnaround evolved communications and new strategies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* BA in English, Communications or Marketing or equivalent professional work experience
* Minimum two (2) years experience developing and writing a variety of B2C content in a marketing or agency environment
* Demonstrated experience growing followers and increasing engagement across channels (social media, email, website, blogs, etc.)
* Content writing experience for traditional media including public relations
* Content writing experience for online performance in terms of engagement and SEO
* Proven social media and networking expertise with high engagement KPIs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled