Joint Venture Tax Equity Advisor 8/22/2020
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ENGIEs Joint Venture (JV) Governance organization manages both equity and tax equity partnership structured joint ventures in the ENGIE North America group.
As an integral part of this team, the JV Tax Equity Advisor supports the performance of the joint venture through maintenance of financial models used in calculations of various contributions, rates of return, and other metrics as per the agreement. Additionally, the JV Tax Equity Advisor supports the proper monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to be provided to the joint venture partners.
What youll do:
* Manage financial models for internal and external reporting for use for valuations, sensitivity analysis, and joint venture comparisons, ensuring accurate and timely updates with both operational and financing inputs, coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional teams
* Utilize models to calculate tax equity investment deferred contributions, project and partnership IRR, flip dates and other key metrics as identified
* Support modeling efforts under both US GAAP and IFRS, providing HLBV (Hypothetical Liquidation at Book Value) calculations on a routine basis as needed
* Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis of financial results for the portfolio of assets, ensuring accuracy and consistency of reports to joint venture equity and tax equity partners
* Prepare data to support the quarterly/annual financial statement audit process and the quarterly and annual requests from the internal tax group
* Interface with renewables team (commercial, operations, legal, AIFA, finance, etc.) and with corporate support functions, including tax, regulatory, technical accounting, accounting and treasury
* Assist in development of presentations for partner and management discussions, identifying and illustrating main project economic and financial risks
* Expanding responsibilities as new projects are added to the portfolio
What you bring:
* Bachelors degree required. Finance, Business Economics, or Business Administration preferred.
* MBA, CFA, or CPA or other professional qualifications are a plus.
* Minimum 7 years experience with creating and maintaining complex financial models
* 5 years of energy industry experience in tax equity structuring, project finance, or investment bank / private equity fund, preferably in renewable energy
* Experience with complex accounting rules and complex financial and commercial structures
* Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting principles, and partnership financial statements, including calculation and use of HLBV
* Commercial acumen with good understanding of capital structures, accounting treatment and tax structures for renewable energy projects
* Able to unravel and interpret complexity in contracts and accounting rules
ENGIE North America isnt just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, were leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.