Journeyman Engineering Technologist and Technician (OH, Wright-Patterson AFB) 11/26/2019
Sawdey Solution Services
Wright Patterson Afb, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
JOURNEYMAN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST AND TECHNICIAN
The Journeyman Engineering Technologist and Technician will provide radar, radio frequency,laser, optics, mechanical and fabrication technician support in branch/division laboratories, Outdoor Radar Range, and Indoor Radar Range.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Conduct antenna pattern measurements, radar cross section measurements, radar and other RF sensing tests/experiments, environmental sensing, as well as RF component test and characterization.
* Will be required to prepare test articles, document test configurations, and conduct calibrations.
* Assist the scientist and engineer team with planning, coordinating, and scheduling both inhouse labs and field testing campaigns and associated utilization of test equipment, software, and data management resources.
* Work with government scientists, engineers, and customers to establish measurement criteria and data requirements, while providing insights on effective measurement approaches.
* Work with the branch engineering team to devise, plan, and implement techniques to set up/tear down both indoor and outdoor test equipment, improve test capabilities, implement effective and efficient testing practices, optimize quality and reduce errors in tests, and efficiently utilize all RF test equipment resources.
* Assist the Electro-Optical, Infra-Red, and Laser Radar (EO/IR/LADAR) scientist and engineer team planning, coordinating, and scheduling both in-house labs and field testing campaigns and associated utilization of test equipment, software, and data management resources.
* Work with LADAR technologies branch scientists, engineers, and customers to establish measurement criteria and data requirements, while providing insights on effective measurement approaches.
* Work with the branch engineering team to devise, plan, and implement techniques to set up/tear down both indoor and outdoor test equipment, improve test capabilities, implement effective and efficient testing practices, optimize quality and reduce errors in tests, and efficiently utilize all resources of the branch s EO/IR/LADAR test equipment.
* Assist the government technician in coordinating lab activities of personnel that utilize branch labs, ensuring scheduling requirements are met on a day to day basis.
* Assist staff in maintaining project schedules and insuring timely completion of projects. Journeyman Engineering Technologist & Technician
* Safe lab operations must be foundational to all test activities.
* Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
* Three (3) to ten (10) years of experience.
* Have a solid foundation in electronics and RF circuit testing, to include experience operating test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generators, power supplies, etc.).
* BA/BS or MA/MS degree.
* Six (6) years of experience can be substituted for BA/BS degree.
* Must have or obtain and maintain aerial lift and crane operation certifications.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must possess good communication skills to formally document tests, equipment, and operating procedures.
* Strong interpersonal skills and above average verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: Must have or have ability to obtain Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
Journeyman Engineering Technologist and Technician
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
About the Organization
Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disable Veteran Owned Small Business.
Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
This position is currently accepting applications.