Journeyman Scientist - CBRN 6/3/2020
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy. Within CWMD, the National Biosurveillance Integration Center (NBIC) is responsible for early detection and situational awareness of biological and chemical events anywhere around the world.
LMI is seeking a Journeyman Scientist in the Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) field. The person selected for this position will have the ability to serve as a technical resource for members of the CWMD Targeting staff and customers by providing subject matter expertise that shall respond to inquiries, data calls or other requested information.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. Founded in 1961 as a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our Specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI offers a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
Candidates must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Candidates with an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility preferred.
* Conducts operational scientific and technical analysis in support of CWMD programs and mission areas.
* Leads the development of a variety of analytic decision support products that meet National decision makers and stakeholders requirements.
* Create written products and briefings with a strategic view of the issue; they shall provide a strategic context for the situation/issue.
* More broadly, performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of CWMD programs.
* Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
* Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within
* CWMD programs in support of federal personnel.
* Serve as a technical resource for members of the CWMD intelligence staff and customers by providing subject matter expertise by responding to inquiries, data calls or other requested information.
* Exchange data and information with military and federal organizations (Office of the Secretary of Defense, Department of Energy, Department of State, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, National Guard Bureau, and other organizations that the Government deems has a need to know).
* B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. degree in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field. In lieu of a degree, 4 additional years of experience will be accepted for a BS and 5 additional years of experience will be accepted for a MS or BS +1 additional year.
* Required experience: 3-10 years of experience and a B.S/M.S. in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bacteriology, virology, epidemiology, toxicology, immunology, environmental science or engineering, physics, mathematics, geology, or other related discipline.
* Preferred experience: Experience providing direct or consultant scientific support to major programs or system development efforts related to human, animal, or plant health and medical consequences of CBRN events or a combination of experience in these areas and the homeland security pillars of prevention, protection, response, or recovery.
* Candidates must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Candidates with an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility preferred..
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.