Jr. CAD Drafter 5/5/2020
New Bedford, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Junior Drafter is responsible for using drafting software (AutoCAD) to draw and design electrical wiring solutions for commercial and industrial applications from customer supplied drawings. The right candidate will be able to follow written and/or verbal directions in converting supplied electrical building plans and provide the optimal design and layout for a wiring solution. This candidate will interact with our internal design, sales and production departments, to best meet our customer's needs.
* Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work with Sales and Design team members on the preparation of drawings.
* Work with manufacturing on component drawings, designs and schematics.
* Work in a customer focused team environment.
* Must be familiar with AutoCAD or Electrical wiring.
* Must be detailed oriented and organized.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to work both as a team member and as an individual contributor.
* Ability to focus in an open office environment.
* Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
* Drafting experience with electrical, plumbing or building trades is a plus but not required.
* Basic experience/knowledge with electrical trade is a plus.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate Degree or Vocational Training preferred
* Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
* Detailed oriented and familiar with building prints and facility layouts is required.
* Experience with electrical, plumbing or building trades preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
* Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual contributor.
* Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to focus in an office environment.
* Ability to problem solve and think of future state.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)