Junior Computer Scientist 6/6/2020
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Applied Research Associates (ARA), Capital Area Division is looking for a talented Computer Scientist or Computer Engineer. The successful candidate will support development of software used to compute the effects Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) hazards in support of DTRA Reachback. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in computer science that can assist us with maintenance and development of existing software applications, primarily desktop applications written in Java or C#.
The candidate would also be responsible for the following:
* Support development of new algorithms in existing CBRN software
* Working with other engineers and developers to generate improvements to an ArcGIS Pro capability largely written in C#, to include user interface design in WPF
* Using Python and other scripting tools to help automate tasks
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
* Experience developing applications in C# or Java
* Experience with scripting languages like Python, R, and/or Julia
* Experience working with modern build systems and version control systems (cmake, GIT, SVN, etc.)
* Strong communication skills, technical presentation, teamwork mentality, graphic visualization, and Microsoft Office proficiency skills are required.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
* Experience working with Windows Presentation Foundation.
* Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Pro SDK
* Experience developing applications in C++ and/or FORTRAN
* Candidates with an active DoD security clearance are preferred.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs 1100 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Junior Computer Scientist position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)",
Education: Computer Science