Junior Medicinal Chemist 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client's team as a Junior Medicinal Chemist in Cranbury, New Jersey. The Junior Medicinal Chemist role will join the medicinal chemistry division in drug discovery research and lead the drug discovery program. Their work will have a direct impact on the organization and the larger clinical industry, making this an amazing career opportunity.
* Determine project strategy, priority, and deliver according to company predicted timelines
* Design molecules to address potency, physical properties, PK, and safety issues
* Collaborate with biology team leader to address any project issues
* Maintain good working relationships with biologists to address project issues
* Manage both internal and external employees
* Minimum of 5 years of clinically-related industrial experience required
* Experience in drug discovery and early development required
* Strong expertise in medicinal chemistry and synthetic chemistry
* Demonstrated experience meeting company timelines on past drug discovery programs
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Minimum of PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry required
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
* Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
* Organized. You're an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
* Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you're eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
* Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
* Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation/sexual preference, pregnancy/maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.