Junior Underwriter/Mortgage Specialist II- temp 6/4/2020
Oak Ridge, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JUNIOR UNDERWRITER/MORTGAGE SPECIALIST II- TEMP
Job Locations US-NJ-Oak Ridge
Posted Date 2 months ago(6/3/2020 4:27 PM)
250 Oak Ridge Rd.
As the Junior Underwriter/Mortgage Specialist at Lakeland Bank you will conduct a comprehensive analysis of loans documents in order to prep the loan for the Underwriter. The Junior Underwriter/Mortgage Specialist is responsible for processing and managing a high-volume loan pipeline to meet time sensitive deadlines. The pipeline may consist of conventional loans (both conforming and jumbo) and FHA loans (forward and reverse mortgages). Assumes primary responsibility for the loan after receipt up to clearing the file for the Closing Department. Reviews loans for missing documents, communicates with borrowers, analyzes the documents and resolves discrepancies in order to ready the loan for the underwriter.
* Assist clients with submission of necessary documents and manage the process from pre-approval to closing.
* Track support information and ensure the highest quality in loan documentation preparation and timely submission of the loan to underwriting.
* Read, analyze and interpret loan documents, including various types of financial statements.
* Process information quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
* Research and resolve issues using various resources and process documentation.
* Timely and accurate entry of data into Encompass system.
* Gather, review and analyze necessary data (i.e.: income, assets, employment verification, loan application, credit documents, and appraisal, etc.).
* Provide proactive, timely follow-up to client, supervisor and other department staff.
* Correct errors and investigate inconsistencies.
* Verify, compile and enter application information, review file to verify that data is complete and meets Bank standards, program and/or investor requirements.
* Submit loans to AUS systems (LP, DU, Total Scorecard, proprietary) as applicable and validates results to loan data.
* Prepares and issues accurate federal disclosures as necessary within legal timeframes.
* Performs appraisal reviews and requests corrections as necessary prior to underwriting.
* Prepares and issues Mortgage Commitments, follows up on conditions and clears loan files for the Closing Department.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
There is no formal training provided on a day-to-day basis. Further, the pace does not allow for a lot of individual guidance, so the successful candidate will be expected to begin handling a pipeline of loans immediately. The Bank does offer assistance with independent, job-related training opportunities and tuition assistance upon meeting eligibility requirements, but initially a solid understanding of how to adequately perform this job, based on prior experience, is expected.
* Must be well-organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and work well independently and under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, including knowing who to contact for assistance in obtaining resolution.
* Willing and able to abide by all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures.
* 5 years or more of previous mortgage processing experience, including expertise in the following: conforming and non-conforming loans, conventional and FHA loans.
* Compliance knowledge to include ATR/QM and TRID
* Working knowledge of Encompass preferred
* Must be bondable
All Lakeland Bank employees must be bondable. FBI background checks are required to confirm eligibility for bonding. Note: A guilty plea or criminal conviction will not necessarily preclude employment at Lakeland Bank.
Lakeland Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
40 hours per week. Overtime as needed