KC-46 - Aerial Port Team Chief - Seymour Johnson 5/2/2020
FlightSafety Services Corporation
Seymour Johnson Afb, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition 18895
Location: Seymour Johnson AFB, NC Seymour Johnson AFB , North Carolina 27531 , United States (US)
The Aerial Port Team Chief (APTC) is responsible for the planning and organization of simulated air transportation activities, including determining the supplies, equipment, facilities and personnel needed to properly utilize the Fuselage Trainer (FuT). The APTC will establish procedures for loading and unloading of cargo on the FuT, implement any necessary safety precautions for handling dangerous materials, special cargo, and oversee/conduct the movement of cargo and baggage around the FuT. Duties include on-loading/off-loading via Material Handling Equipment, securing cargo, determining orientation of cargo, determine center of balance of oversized/outsized cargo, building palletized loads, and completing load plans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Manages an Aerial Port Team to conduct military style loading and unloading operations.
* Determines and justifies personnel, equipment, and facilities required to accomplish air transportation functions.
* Supplements policies, directs personnel, and establishes procedures to process, load, and document loading activities.
* Develops, provides, and documents qualification (initial, recurring, and re-qualification) training and guidance to aerial port team members.
* Determines the required aircraft configuration(s) and ensure the FuT is configured for the training events scheduled.
* Coordinates with Boom Operator Instructor to identify training load requirements and prepares cargo loading documentation for the cargo load and student cargo briefings.
* Ensures the use of safety procedures when handling cargo and packages used in the Fuselage Training (FuT) exercises.
* Utilize aircrew procedures to operate aircraft systems in accordance with (IAW) KC-46 procedures to prepare the FuT for required training events.
* Loads/unloads aircraft containers and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and ensures all cargo is properly secured as it would be for actual flight operations.
* Organizes training loads based on scheduled cargo load training activity.
* Checks cargo against planned manifests. Inspects cargo offered for load training to verify eligibility and proper documentation, packaging, and marking.
* Assembles, palletizes, and transports cargo loads to and from the FuT and storage areas. Build up pallets and properly apply cargo restraints on 463L pallets.
* Maintains, repairs, and/or arranges for repairs of cargo training loads damaged in training.
* Operates 25K Halvorsen loader and 10K Forklift, as required.
* Performs Safety Observer duties when Material Handling Equipment (MHE) is used.
* Operates and utilizes a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, self-propelled equipment, non-self-propelled equipment, dunnage, warehouse pallets, cargo straps, cargo chains, cargo devices, pallet couplers, A-7000 tie-down fittings, application of shoring, 463L pallets, 463L pallet nets, cargo handling system components, air transportable galley/lavatory (ATGL), integrated litter stations, and litter set augmentation station sets.
* Ensures all governmental regulations, company policies/procedures, and safety/security requirements are followed.
* Develops and maintains excellent customer service for internal and external customers at all times.
* Oversees the maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment, along with performing various warehouse maintenance tasks.
* Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat and maintain clean shipping supply area.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
* Morally and ethically influence others to successfully achieve program goals.
* Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrate ability to work with minimum supervision, supervise personnel, and work in conjunction with other personnel.
* Display ability to exercise good judgment and assume responsibility for completeness and accuracy of work.
* Thorough understanding of passenger and cargo movement functions.
* Completion of a basic air transportation course.
* Fully competent in cargo pallet building.
* Experience in functions such as processing cargo and loading and unloading an aircraft.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Demonstrate good organizational and time management skills.
* Lift and push heavy objects.
* Must be flexible to work on call and or shift differential schedules.
* Must possess a valid state driver s license to operate government vehicles.
* Be familiar with facility management practices.
* Be familiar with standard scheduling practices.
* Be familiar with common supervisory practices.
* Be familiar with common cargo loading and aviation safety practices.
* Be familiar with military warehousing practices and methods.
* Possesses a strong understanding of cargo loading principles, restraint criteria, and Material Handling Equipment.
* Possesses a thorough understanding and application of USAF cargo and passenger operations procedures outlined in USAF directives including, but not limited to, Defense Transportation Regulation (DTR), Air Mobility Command Instruction (AMCI) 24-101 Volume 11 and Volume 14, Air Force Manual (AFM) 24-204, Air Force Instruction (AFI) 11-218, AFI 11-2KC-46 Volume 3, and Addenda A.
Education and Formal Training:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree or higher desired.
* Experience in supervising and conducting aircraft cargo loading operations required.
* USAF Cargo Load Team Chief Qualification and eight (8) years of military ramp operations and air freight terminal operations experience is highly preferred.
* Cargo Load Team Member, Hazardous Material Handler, and Load Planner Qualifications desired.
* Possesses credentials as a US Air Force (USAF)-licensed operator for 25K Halvorsen loader and 10K Forklift.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.