KC-46 - Pilot Instructor - Altus (part-time) 6/4/2020
FlightSafety Services Corporation
Altus Afb, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition 19774
Location: Altus AFB, OK Altus AFB , Oklahoma 73523 , United States (US)
The Pilot Instructor is responsible for the accomplishment of all simulator-based training in the Weapon System Trainer (WST), including pre-briefings and debriefings, for U.S. Air Force and Allied Nation KC-46 Pilots attending Quarterly Refresher training. Duties include instructing and measuring training progress of Pilot and Maintenance students who attend established aircrew training curricula.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Conduct Quarterly Refresher training using devices, such as classrooms, Computer-based Training (CBT), WST, and KC-46 aircraft.
* Conduct other ground-based training, as required, for Aircrew Members in tanker and receiver operating procedures, including diagnosis and remediation of student problems.
* Conduct Initial and Recurring training for Maintenance Personnel attending Engine Run courses.
* Conduct briefings, debriefings, and perform counseling with Aircrew Members and Maintenance Personnel to develop and maintain the highest level of technical acumen and student proficiency.
* Extract student data, analyze results, and prepare for student review sessions.
* Serve as KC-46 Pilot Subject Matter Expert (SME) for students and other applicable personnel, as required.
* Maintain exceptional standards of instruction, knowledge levels, capabilities, and expertise.
* Develop and maintain exceptional knowledge of KC-46 aircraft systems and operating procedures.
* Consistently display exceptional knowledge and application of instructional principles and theories pertaining to aircrew training systems.
* Provide inputs for courseware corrections and modifications, along with updates to training policies and procedures.
* Assist in other project and development work, as assigned.
* Operate Student Management System.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
* Morally and ethically influence others to successfully achieve program goals.
* Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Possess the ability to interface with students and provide on-the-spot remediation, or determine other courses of action, as necessary.
* Possess basic knowledge of personal computers and software applications, such as word processing applications, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Successfully accomplish an annual internal standardization evaluation.
* Currently possess, or demonstrate the ability to obtain, a SECRET clearance.
Education and/or Formal Training:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education, experience, and training, is required.
Experience as a qualified Tanker Air-to-Air Refueling (AAR) Pilot Flight Instructor or as a Tanker AAR Aircrew Training System (ATS) Pilot Instructor. Either position must have been held within 5 years of the date of assignment to the KC-46 ATS. Shall have logged a minimum of 200 flying hours in U.S. Air Force or Allied Nation aircraft, or equivalent flight simulator, with at least 50% occurring in the aircraft. Receiver AAR Instructor experience is highly desirable. Type rating in B-767 preferred.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.