KCPC Inpatient Licensed Practical Nurse 6/4/2020
Seven Counties Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under moderate supervision of a Registered Nurse, MD, or APRN, attends to and monitors the medical and physical needs of clients, ensuring medication, treatments, and schedules are followed, as well as compliance with all regulatory and licensure standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Dispenses and administers prescribed medications per established schedules as ordered. Monitors clients' vital signs and other physical health information, maintains accurate records reflecting the data, including general information relating to treatment results. Monitors and attends to the physical needs of clients. Administers injectable medications, ensuring accurate prescribed dosage and timely delivery, educating clients in management of side effects, and obtaining preauthorization of prescriptions/medications from pharmacy, when needed. Completes and maintains accurate documentation relating to provision of care, medications, other client-related services, and advocacy, including staff notes, case reviews, letters, reports, etc. Maintains client medical record/charts relating to admissions and discharges. Transcribes MD or APRN orders and obtains requested medical information relating to clients. Administers pregnancy tests and drug screens on clients and documents results. Maintains accurate inventory counts of all medicines and medical supplies and ensures adequate replacements are ordered on a timely basis. Schedules outside medical appointments for clients, as ordered by MD or APRN. Monitors medical equipment and testing per CLIA standards.
LPN DROP-IN OUTPATIENT SERVICES:
Manages caseload of clients receiving Medication Only services, when required. Obtains prior authorizations for medication Participates on team with MD/APRN/RN to manage the flow of medication management clinics
LPN DROP-IN ARC:
Administers tuberculosis screening tests, documents the results, and alerts supervisors and medical personnel of unusual circumstances. Knowledge of detoxification programs and treatment, chemical dependency issues and related established standards, regulations, and procedures around chemical dependency Provide back-up coverage to Medication Assisted Treatment programs, when requested
LPN DROP-IN PERMANENT SUPPORTED HOUSING:
Provide in-home assessments, education and illness management activity Accompany clients to Physical Health appointments
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
* Up to eighteen months of education or training beyond the high school level in nursing or related field of study.
* License for Practical Nursing in Commonwealth of Kentucky
* Up to six months nursing experience.
* Knowledge of mental illness, chemical dependency and established standards, regulations, and procedures for treatment
* If assigned to addictions treatment, knowledge of detoxification programs and treatment.
* Position has no unusual physical demands.
* Frequent exposure to threat of bodily harm from clients/patients.
* Normal work tasks may involve a high level of frequent and ongoing exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission standards.
* Utilizes Nursing Process (assess, diagnose, plan, implement, evaluate) during direct patient care interventions to treat and respond to patient health reports and symptoms
* Consistent review of patients allergies
* Knowledge of medication reconciliation processes
* If providing care to clients requiring administered medication, demonstrates ability to administer medication safely and in accordance with policies and procedures
* If serving at site where medication is available, follows medication protocols for tracking, storing, documenting, monitoring and disposing of medication
* If providing care to clients at sites where there is self-administration of medication opportunity, demonstrates ability to assess for client s competence to administer medication safely and in accordance with policies and procedures
* Obtains and monitors lab results, notifying provider of out of range lab values, and explaining lab procedures to clients
* If SUD is primary, demonstrates knowledge of appropriate screening for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, and withdrawal symptoms
TIME TYPE:Part time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Seven Counties Services employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Seven Counties Services.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Seven Counties Services training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Seven Counties Services and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Seven Counties Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.