Lab Animal Tech II 9/2/2020
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY Position Summary
Under general supervision, participates in the day to day operation of the MMCRI Animal Facility. This position helps to ensure proper care and humane treatment of animals during their use in research. This is a swing position, with both cage maintenance and husbandry responsibilities, depending on the Animal Facility volume and needs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Associate's Degree in an Animal Science program preferred. High school diploma or GED preferred.
* License/Certifications: N/A
* Experience: N/A
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions and maintain accurate, legible records.
* Ability to use basic laboratory instruments and animal facility equipment.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective communications.
* Ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy despite frequent interruptions.
* Ability to be exposed to fur bearing animals without adverse effects.
* Ability to use computers and pertinent software.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.