Lab Manager, Viral Clearance Services 9/2/2020
EMD Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Lab Manager will lead the testing of clinical and commercial products. They are responsible for oversight and overall management of multiple labs and the corresponding metrics. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications.
* Makes final decisions on operational matters to ensure achievement of department objectives.
* Effectively deploy the resources within the laboratory and make recommendations to Head of Biologics for required additional resources to facilitate the continued expansion of the business.
* Drive teams to meet revenue targets while maintaining and controlling associated budgeted expense lines.
* Drive business and quality metrics to meet company goals: delivery, right first time, repeat rate, etc.
* Ensure validation requirements are achieved for the laboratories as defined by the company's Quality System.
* Interact with Sales/Marketing to develop the business of the company and provide support to the sales team where required.
* Interact with Quality Systems to continually improve systems and to ensure that new procedures/systems are understood and are effectively implemented within the laboratories.
* Ensure laboratories are appropriately maintained for compliance to cGMP requirements. This includes supporting client inspections.
* Interact with Order Management to monitor pricing for work and formulate strategies to improve margins.
* Interact with other operational leaders and senior management in the organization to promote synergies between departments and more effectively utilize resources.
* Interact with global colleagues to ensure uniformity of standards and service within the company as well as drive global alignment.
* Effectively manage resources to ensure full compliance with all regulatory obligations that govern operations.
* Work with lab supervisors, project management, account managers, and operations scientific staff to ensure routine work is scheduled appropriately to meet client needs and on time delivery expectations.
* Liaise with continuous improvement and digitization project leads on process improvement efforts. Coordinate resources needed for such projects.
* Ensure teams comply with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
* May be required to work overtime or flexible shifts.
Who you are:
* Master's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 5+ years relevant laboratory experience - OR -
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 8+ years relevant laboratory experience - OR -
* Associate's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 10+ years relevant laboratory experience
* 5+ years' experience leading biologics operations
* 5+ years' experience with cGMP regulations and regulatory compliance
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong organization skills
* Working knowledge of spreadsheets and spreadsheet data analysis tools
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
* Highly collaborative as well as independent
* Effective coaching and developmental skills for direct reports
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.