Lab Technician 5/6/2020
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Phillips-Medisize Costa Mesa location, a Molex company, designs and manufactures custom medical connectors, cable assembles and medical devices that encapsulate electronics.
We seek a Lab Technician to support engineering and our customers with the Design Verification Testing (DVT) process. You will coordinate activities related to the testing and analysis of Interconnect Technologiesincluding the execution of test protocols and reporting of DVT results (including First Articles).
* Support Engineering and Phillips-Medisize Customers in issues related to Electrical Engineering.
* Support Quality and Engineering in the Evaluation of Root Cause Analysis for Defects, both Customers returns and internal toPhillips-Medisize.
* Support Engineers in the analysis of material for the purpose of Research and Development.
* Support Engineering and Quality in the drafting, training and implementation of Test Procedures.
* Support Quality and Engineering in the application of Installation Qualifications (IQ), Operations Qualifications (OQ) and Process Qualifications (PQ).
* Must comply with all safety requirements including engineering and manufacturing practices and procedures, standard operating procedures and documentation.
About Phillips-Medisize, LLC
Phillips-Medisize, LLC, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device and specialty commercial markets.
* 2-year degree with emphasis on electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering or certification from a 2-year technical trade school
* A minimum of one year of experience in an engineering test lab supporting product validation design
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or other technical field
* Previous experience in a laboratory evaluating component reliability
* Support self-calibration to ISO17025
* Experience setting up lab and working with registrar for ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
* Experience using and calibrating tools,gagesand/or fixtures for electrical and mechanical inspection and testing
Skills and Abilities:
* Understanding of electronic principles including Ohms Law, AC/DC voltages, capacitance, inductance and basic circuitry.
* Skilled in reading and comprehending blueprints, especially electrical schematics and GD&T interpretation.
* Strong organization skills and good housekeeping.
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, reading and composition.
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of Windows/MS Office applications, including spreadsheets (with formulas)
* Must possessstrong interpersonal skills and the willingness to help others.
* Knowledge of PC based statistical analysis software.
* Experience operating standard electrical/electronic test equipment.
* Experience operating environmental/mechanical test equipment.
* Knowledge of contact physicspreferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of experimental designpreferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis techniquespreferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of failure analysispreferred.
* Experience with computer programmingand system integrationpreferred.
* Knowledgeable in IEC/AAMI 60601 standardspreferred
Molex, LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran