Laboratory Scientist - Stephenson Cancer Center 8/21/2020
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
SHIFT: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM; MONDAY - FRIDAY
Under general supervision, performs routine standardized clinical diagnostic tests in a medical laboratory.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Performs hematologic, chemical, microscopic, morphologic, immunologic and microbiologic patient testing in a prompt and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies.
* May include working in the following Lab sections: Core Lab, Blood Bank, Microbiology, or Virology.
* Sets up new methodologies and develops procedural protocols.
* Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the hospital in meeting JCAHO and CAP accreditation standards.
* Special Requirement: Some positions may require approval in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) guidelines for unescorted access to radioactive materials.]
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science Degree OR Graduate of MLT program
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of laboratory principles and techniques. Knowledge of chemistry, hematology, microbiology, transfusion medicine (blood bank), and related laboratory specialties. Skill in performing
clinical laboratory work independently. Ability to organize, analyze and evaluate tests in terms of laboratory controls and methods and in replicating analysis. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.