Laboratory Supervisor 9/1/2020
St. Petersburg General Hospital
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
*SIGN ON BONUS AND/OR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Supervisor like you to join our organization.
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
* Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and assign areas/shifts
* Supervise and/or participate in processes, service levels, and regulatory compliance. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing.
* Develop, implements, and monitors new policies and processes
* Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
* Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR.
* Prepare and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
* Provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training
* Screen, interview and select qualified individuals for open positions within the department
* Initiate counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures
* Review and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests
* Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all staff under direct supervision after three months of employment and annually
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science or Medical Technology is required * A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is helpful
* A State of Florida Supervisor's License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
* 5 years' experience as a Medical Technologist
* Prior supervisory experience is beneficial
* Licensure is 3 technical specialties preferred
* Ability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies.
IF YOU FIND THIS OPPORTUNITY COMPELLING, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TODAY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS, AND ARE ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING. WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.