North Wind Construction Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Laborer
CompanyNorth Wind Construction Services
North Wind Construction is looking for experienced Laborers to work in Wallace, ID
The Laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working in an outdoor environment with exposure to extreme weather and difficult terrains
* Lifting and carrying materials such as pipe, moving hoses, decontaminating equipment and materials, flagging, and other strenuous tasks
* Inspect, maintain, and operate assigned manual and power tools.
* Operation of tools in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ditch digging
* Chain saw operation
* Collection of debris
* Truck wash with high-pressure hose operation
* Load/unload/place various materials
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma/Equivalent
* Must have a valid state Driver s license
* Must be able to obtain and maintain 40-hour Hazmat Certification
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work safely and efficiently
* Ability to regularly move at least 50-lbs manually
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and designated health and safety requirements
* Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions or difficult terrain.
* Experience with hazardous wastes in heavy civil earthwork
* Current 40-hour Hazmat Certification
* CDL highly desirable
* Must pass fitness for duty physical
Must pass pre-employment drug screen * Must pass pre-employment background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be pushing, pulling, lifting, walking, standing, bending, and stooping for long periods of time. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs at any given time.
Working Environment:The majority of the work is conducted outdoors with exposure to extreme weather and difficult terrain. The employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The use of vibrating compaction tools and multiple hand-held or walk behind tools are required.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.