Laborer (Seasonal) 7/31/2020
North Pole, AK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHO WE ARE:
US Ecology and NRC recently merged and have significantly strengthened our position as a global leader of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of US Ecology are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!u00a0
We are currently seeking a General Laborer to join our growing team!u00a0
Located at our thermal treatment facility where we provide petroleum contaminated waste management solutions for Alaskan industries, this position is responsible for ensuring the remediation plant is clean, organized, and operating safely. This position requires heavy lifting, climbing, and shoveling, and may require working near high heat. Position requires the ability and willingness to work extended hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
~ US Ecology Moose Creek is not a camp.u00a0 Room and board is not provided. Relocation is also not provided for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes while acting in a safe manner at all times.
* Identifies safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments.
* Shovel gravel and other material.
* Open and dump drums/supersacks filled with soil and other material.
* Clean screener plant and hoppers.
* Routinely inspects conveyor and auger for proper function.
* Ensures primary and secondary burner nozzles are clean, operational and do not accumulate slag.u00a0This duty requires the employee to endure high heat and dusty conditions
* Keeps moving parts of facility and wear items greased and maintained.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Must be self-starter by finding work to do between direct assignments, follow through with tasks, and take ownership and pride in work performed.
* Must have a consistent and reliable work ethic by adhering to work schedules and utilizing time efficiently in order complete assigned tasks within defined deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to work extended hours, and occasionally in unfavorable conditions.
* Ability to read and interpret simple documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures.
* Ability to keep logs and records, create simple correspondence and comprehend simple instructions.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well as continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
US Ecology is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities