LAN and WAN Network Engineer 12/7/2019
Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LAN AND WAN NETWORK ENGINEER
LOCATION: MELBOURNE, FL (32919)
PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES TO: MMAHER@BUTLER.COM
Our client has an opening for a hands-on LAN and WAN Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Melbourne Florida. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment supporting a global enterprise network with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
* Responsible for tier 1/2 troubleshooting, able to handle problem resolution on basic to intermediate level problems.
* Interface with colleagues on other IT infrastructure teams, including security, voice, data center and NOC.
* Implement and support of data, voice or video network infrastructures.
* Participate in moderate to complex projects as an implementation engineer.
* Works and shares knowledge with team members and fellow IT infrastructure colleagues.
* Work with mentors and senior engineers to develop new skills and take on more responsibilities and more complex problems.
* Comply with policies, procedures, standard work methods and rules.
* Participates in ITIL processes to deliver support, change planning and other duties as assigned.
* Participate in after-hours on call rotation.
* Employ layer-3 and gateway protocols such as HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
* Able to troubleshoot, create and administer network policy constructs such as quality of service, route maps, access control lists, and prefix lists.
* Know network management tools and protocols including simple network management protocol (SNMP), logging/syslog, IP accounting, authentication/authorization/accounting (AAA), IP-flow, and NTP.
* Interpret Wireshark files.
* Analyze problems, perform troubleshooting, and respond to incidents in accordance with service level agreements (SLA).
* Support deployments and operations of network related items such as switches, routers, load-balancer, WAN optimizations appliances, wireless access points, wireless controllers, DNS nodes, and application gateways.
* Monitor the performance and capacity of networks and create utilization reports for decision making when needed.
* Develop and maintain technical documentation such as topology diagrams, fault-trees, technical memos, and operational memos.
* Evaluate products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization's short and long-term objectives.
* Work with project managers and lead engineers to ensure project schedules are being met.
* Coordinate vendor support activities such TAC and RMA.
* Create and update network 'as-built' documentation with MS Visio, Word and monitoring tools
* Previous experience in enterprise-level global network engineering, implementation, troubleshooting and support in a hands-on engineering role
* Knowledge related to LAN support, specifically Cisco workgroup and stacking switches such as Cisco Catalyst 2960X
* Knowledge related to WAN support, specifically MPLS, IPSec, DMVPN, carrier ethernet and TDM circuits, OSPF, BGP, route maps, and general-purpose routers such as Cisco ISR G2 and G3 platforms
* Strong knowledge of
* Friendly customer service attitude and mindset
* Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
* Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
* Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
* Process-oriented and able to work as a team
* Strong problem-solving skills
* B.S in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
* 3 or more years of relevant experience in data network engineering, administration and support
* Associate or entry level network certification such as CCNA or Network+
* ITIL Foundations v3 certification
* Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, and Excel
* Some Linux knowledge
* Some Automation knowledge (Python, TCL, Shell)
* Able to work a flexible schedule including on-call support
* Knowledge in one or more of: F5 load balancers, Infoblox DNS, Cisco wireless, Juniper firewall, supporting data center virtualization
* Familiarity with SDWAN design, implementation and/or support
* Experience supporting networks in government and defense industry
* Knowledge of data center networking utilizing the Nexus product line
* Knowledge of HPE/Aruba switching and wireless products
* Knowledge of networking with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, cloud providers, etc)
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.