Landfill Gas Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONEqual Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Do you feel like your career isn't moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you'll be trained as a Landfill Gas Technician, to maintain and operate the landfill gas system. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
* Competitive Payl
* Industry-leading health insurancel
* Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wearl
* Paid vacation after 90 daysl
* 401(K) with Company Matchl
* Employee Stock Purchase Program.
* Employee Discount programs.
* An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement.
****Waste Management will provide training*****
ABOUT THE JOB
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE GAS OPERATIONS MANAGER AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF LANDFILL GAS COLLECTION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS (GCCS).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A GAS TECHNICIAN?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
* Valid and unrestricted driver's license.
* 18 years of age.
* Experience working an outside environment exposed to the elements.
* Basic knowledge of hand and power tools.
* Ability to read a gauge and document response.
* Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Operate and maintain landfill gas collection systems.
* Tune and balance the gas collection system wellheads using and electronic reader.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Key points regarding the environmental demands and work environment are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, monitoring device use, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds: on occasion.
* Required to work outdoors approximately 80% of each workday, work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements.
* Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances on a daily basis.
* Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc.) in accordance with company Health and Safety standards.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click \\"Apply.\\