Landscape Maintenance Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/28/2020
Bemus Landscape Inc
San Marcos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGrowth of our business means we are looking to expand our team.
Join a company that\'s interested in growing your future!
Our Landscape Account Managers are responsible for creating and maintaining excellent client relationships through consistent communication and follow up regarding job quality, areas for improvement, and client requests.
They oversee all operations related to their maintenance accounts, including creating punch lists and proposals, ordering materials and overseeing site irrigation.
Our Landscape Account Managers supervise crew members and irrigators on all activities, including proper maintenance techniques and all safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
Meet face to face with clients at regular intervals; create needed proposals and reports; and attend committee and board meetings on a regular basis.
Make horticulturally correct recommendations to clients for improvements to their sites.
Conduct job site inspections on a frequent basis, creating punch lists for the crews. Follow up with crew and irrigator to ensure timely completion.
Consistently focus on keeping all sites up to the high level of quality required by the company standards.
Ensure proper operation, scheduling and maintenance of all irrigation systems and controllers on landscape maintenance accounts.
Direct irrigators in the quarterly inspections of each site, and effectively communicate irrigation issues and suggested solutions and improvements to clients as often as necessary.
Schedule and supervise all landscape maintenance work using company software. Ensure work takes place in the field as scheduled and update the work schedule on the computer as needed. The management of all job labor and material costs is the responsibility of the AM, with the goal of achieving the budgeted margin for each account.
Serve as an enthusiastic role model of all organizational policies and procedures. Handle any work place injuries and incidents following proper HR and safety protocols.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will possess knowledge of:
* Correct principles, practices and methods associated with landscape management
* Safe work practices involving equipment, chemicals and PPE
* Horticulture and common plant material
* Computer and smartphone operation
* Math skills particularly as they relate to proper fertilization and area calculations
And demonstrate the skills to:
* Build quality relationships with internal and external clients
* Organize, schedule and implement proper job schedules and tasks
* Communicate and work effectively with others
* Manage time and projects effectively
* Be self motivated and work independently
* Communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
* Propose and sell property enhancements
* Manage labor, material and other costs within a budget to meet job profitability goals
Must have the ability to:
* Frequently stand, walk or crouch on narrow and/or slippery surfaces
* Stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
* Walk for long distances and on sloped and uneven ground
We are excited to meet applicants with the experience and competency to:
* Make quality decisions with good results and be sought out by others for advice and solutions
* Have a focus on customers by listening and acting with their needs in mind in order to gain their trust and respect
* Drive for results by exceeding goals, being bottom line oriented and encouraging others to perform
* Be organized as a means to getting things done while multi-tasking and using resources efficiently and effectively
* Present themselves and the company in a professional and ethical manner in formal presentations and day-to-day activities
A combination of formal education in Horticulture (or related field) and/or several years of field experience in professional landscape management are required.
QAL (or the ability to obtain a QAL) is required. CLIA, CLT and other licenses and certificates are beneficial.
Bilingual skills in Spanish are beneficial.
A valid class \\"C\\" California Driver's License and an acceptable driving record are required.
Competitive salary and generous bonus plan
Paid sick leave, holidays and vacation days
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance options are available
401k plan is available
Company vehicle and shirts provided