LatAm Account Associate 5/23/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL INFORMATION
Ref #: 25732
Functional Area: Account Management - Client Servicing
Employee Type: Full Time
Experienced Required: 2 years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Job Posting Shift: 1st
Date published: 22-May-2019
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a Retail Account Associate for the Latin America & the Caribbean team.
The Retail Account Associate serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of supporting PIMCO s Latin America retail efforts. He/she will work closely with the Account Management team to support business development initiatives as well as their sales effort with retail clients. The Account Associate s primary role is to drive sales and build relationships with financial advisors. The successful candidate will operate as an entrepreneur and be proactive about seeking improved ways to equip the team in their relationship building, cross-selling responsibilities and marketing process.
* Provide product information and sales support to Latin American financial advisors.
* Identify new business development opportunities, drive marketing/sales campaigns, and close business.
* Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other specific product management initiatives and responsibilities
* Manage and build financial advisor relationships as well as maintain and manage CRM system.
* Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients and prospective clients.
* Fluency in English and Portuguese or Spanish.
* Service oriented mind-set and sense of urgency when responding to internal and external requests
* Solutions-driven individual with an ability to build and drive business
* Fixed Income product knowledge, with a multi asset focus.
* Well organized, high energy, self-starter, ability to work within the firm s demanding and highly focused environment. Entrepreneurial skills are key to success in this role
* Outstanding relationship building skills
* Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
* Work effectively with all levels of personnel as part of a team and individually
* Ability to manage prospect base and explore opportunities for new asset growth
* Time-management, multi-tasking and organization skills
* Candidates must be collaborative and possess a positive and upbeat attitude
* Unassailable ethics and integrity
* Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
* Must possess a four-year college degree.
Ideal candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. College internships in finance, client-oriented roles are preferred.
Ideal candidates should have 2-5 years of experience in financial services, asset management, investment banking or accounting.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Life insurance and travel coverage
* 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
* Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
* Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office