This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/11/2019
END DATE 1/9/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Lead, Bakery - Warehouse (Shipping & Receiving Lead)
* 2nd Shift
* Shipping and Receiving
* Distribution Manager
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
* Ensures that our products meet the company's standards and specifications
* Complete, legible and accurate documentation
* Must understand and follow all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
* Food Safety and Quality Standard Requirements are being maintained daily
* Must understand and comply with the company Allergen, Food Defense and HACCP policies
* Must communicate with Supervision of any Food Safety and Equipment concerns
* Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for the area worked
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
* Never abuse equipment
* Work with Supervision and maintenance to maintain equipment in good working condition
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Correct weighing and recording of any waste to be disposed of
* Follows all work instructions
* Perform all other work assigned duties as required by Supervision
* Keep work area and machinery clean
* Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary for task at hand
* Never use damaged pallets
* Must comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times
* Utilize all safety devices
* Report any unsafe work practices or injuries to your supervisor
* Required to maintain a safe and clean work environment
* Maintain clean and organized freezer and cooler conditions.
* Complete forklift check-sheet each time a new forklift is used.
* Pick manufacturing orders, supply manufacturing and packaging lines with materials, and complete all documentation.
* Pick and load outbound orders.
* Transport finished goods pallets to finished goods receiving area.
* Check truck driver into facility, inspect and unload trailer, verify materials and quantities, and receive materials into SAP system.
* Follows rules and regulations to ensure food safety, quality, and legality.
* Maintains and establishes effective working relationships.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* One year related experience and/or training
* Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
* Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
* Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES PROFICIENCY LEVEL
* High School Diploma or GED
* Experience in the food industry
* Forklift experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time
* Work bending and squatting
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Work in cold refrigerated and frozen conditions
* Able to push or pull heavy loads and equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold
* Ability to work in the frozen, refrigerated and hot bakery environment
* Ability to work in an environment with chemicals and cleaning agents along with large amounts of water and dust
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.